Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HP PSC 750

I have an HP PSC 750,
and I too am getting the same old "Scanner Failure. So Please shut it down and then unplug it.
Well I do not have a re-fresh button like some of those guys say for me to do!
So this is what I found that has worked for me and hopefully for you all.
1. Turn off your printer and then UNPLUG IT!
let it sit for at least 5 minutes then repulg it. (if you do
not need it I sometimes leave it unplug overnight and replug it the very next morning).
This will help it to go into the refresh mode.
2. What is happening here is there is a memory set problem here.
What this printer needs for it to be RE-SET!
This is why we need to un plug it from time to time.

You see when you leave this printer on, it goes into a scanner memory by default 9 Why I do not know but this is my belief!), and when you all try to copy it does not want to go into this copy mode.
By unplugging it and replugging it this will re-set your printer to where it is like it should be.

Now if you are an electrician, you can put an on and off switch on this cord where it is easier for you to reach if your cord is too far buried for you to reach.

And if you are not an electrician...... Please get some help from someone who knows what they are doing and what you are going to do with this powercord for your printer. PLEASE!

NOTE: YOU MAY NEED TO ( UN PLUG AND REPLUG ) THIS MORE THAN ONCE, BECAUSE OF THE STUBBORNESS THAT YOUR PRINTER IS IN AT THAT TIME.

If you need any more help then you can e-mail me at "Maverick2842@sbcglobal.net"

Eddie