Thursday, May 7, 2009

HP PSC 2210

I have an HP PSC 2210, it prints, faxes and manages to copy but when it comes to scan this comes up: "Error: An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure the scanning device is connected properly and try again." I have tried tis countless times with no success, there's one cable to the All in one and every other function works. Help
___________________________________________________

I had the same problem for months until today I decided to fix it for once and all. I uninstalled the software on the computer. I downloaded the utility from HP's Website to do a 100% uninstall. I then downloaded the driver 2.1.0 from HP's website and didn't use the CD for the re-installation. Here is the website:

For WinXP: http://h10025.www1.hp.com

The Driver - HP Full Solution Software Driver - 166.14 MB
Cleaner - Software Cleanup Utility - 2.04 MB

When you run the cleaner, open it from where it extracts to (defaults for me was C:\HPAiOScrubber) and run the file OjScrubber.exe and press the plus for the 2200 scanner and uninstall both of those. I don’t know if it's necessary but I uninstalled everything on that list.

So again;
1. Uninstall Software from PC (Control Panel).
2. After the forced restart run the Cleaner.
3. Install the driver you downloaded (166.14 MB).

When you install the driver keep the USB wire disconnected until it tells you to plug it in and after you put it in it should take 5min (mouse will freeze, don’t worry) then it should show a green check mark, and it will continue the installation.

I did that and it worked for me.

Later.